Tomorrow, England starts the second Covid-19 lockdown. This time it is for a period of four weeks, though it is possible that this may be extended.
What have you learned from the last lockdown?
What will you do differently?
What did you value from the opportunities that it presented to you last time?
Are there things that you want to ensure you do this time that you didn’t get chances to during the last lockdown?
What about me?
From my own perspective, I have the following learnings that I would like to implement.
- Use time more efficiently. I want to be able to plan my time better to achieve more throughout the day.
- My health didn’t enable me to exercise as much last time as it could do this time, so I want to be able to maximise my ‘fresh air time’.
- Are there people you haven’t contacted for a long time that you would get a lift from dropping them a note? I know that whenever I have done this it feels good and I definitely recommend it.
- It was great to see so many out walking to places locally rather than automatically driving to places. It would be a wondrous thing for the environment and our own health if we kept this up. I’m guilty of this as much as anyone else. This is definitely an opportunity for me.
- I need to look after myself as well as looking out for others. Time for peace and quiet to just think as me as well as keeping busy.
- I think it would be nice to make myself available. So often we don’t contact people as we don’t want to ‘trouble’ them. By making ourselves more available, those who want to can do. Being there for others certainly is a caring thing to do.
Whatever happens during Lockdown2, we all need to stay safe and stay healthy. We can also make small tweaks to our days though so to help ourselves through growth and development.
What change would you want to make for you during Lockdown2?